“Field Trips and Group Shows”
America’s Teaching Zoo is an excellent location for field trips and group shows!
- Shows last 40 minutes and are followed by a 30 minute zoo tour.
- Spring Semester shows are offered at 10:30 a.m. on all weekdays (excluding Wednesdays)
- Summer Semester shows are offered at 10:30 a.m. on all weekdays (excluding Wednesdays)
- Fall Semester shows are offered at 10:30 a.m. on all weekdays (excluding Fridays)
$4 per visitor both child and adult. If the group is smaller than 25 a minimum fee of $100 will be charged.
1 free teacher per class. Please no children under 2 years of age.
Cash or check only. Sorry, credit cards can not be processed yet…we are working toward being able to do this soon!
Booking a show:
Please call (805) 378-1441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shows are booked on a first come first served basis and are booked several weeks to several months in advance. Multiple groups will be booked in a day if there is space. The theater seating allows for an audience of approximately 300 people.
- A convenient bus drop off site is available.
- If your group is traveling in cars, please allow a minimum of 20 minutes to find parking as the zoo is located on a college campus and can be busy during the week. A $2.00 parking permit will need to be purchased for each personal vehicle. Parking Permit Machines are conveniently located in each parking lot. Click here for directions to the parking permit machines.
- Since the zoo is closed to the general public during the week we cannot offer a place to stay for lunch or snack. However, there are two local public parks located very nearby that you are welcome to use for a lunch break before returning to your destination.